Friday 30 November 2012

A New Blog, A Doughnut And A View .

So today is the final day of registration at my university. Well, officially registration ended three weeks ago, but, due to more than a few complications, here I am, nearly a month after the deadline and still not a fully fledged member. I was told that if I didn't register by today at 4, I would be exited from the course, so naturally I rushed down with all my documents at 11, only to be told that today, the centre doesn't open until one o clock. A perfect excuse to head to Greggs and buy a sausage and bean melt for lunch instead of the salad I had planned. And a naughty iced ring doughnut for dessert. One does not simply say no to a cake in a bakery, especially when one has two hours to kill.



I've found a nice warm spot to plot up inside. Although its already the last day of November, today felt like the first day this year that I could officially say that yes, it is cold outside. I was even met with an iced-over car this morning. 

Ideally while I'm stuck inside waiting, I would have liked to carry on working on my 'project'. I've been trying to write a web series/super short film type thing over the last month or so. I've always been a book nut and a film geek. I realised that I have always written my own stories and poems, so I decided some time ago that I wanted to start making my own films. Or at least begin dabbling with a camera. Three guesses what I've asked for for Christmas. 

I've got quite a few ideas. I've always had quite a few ideas. Ideas and scenes in my head that I didn't notice until recently were being directed and acted, planned and imagined all in my noodle. Even music to best fit the scene.






I'm currently trying to make my own music to fit my film. I'm hesitant to say that I'm 'writing my own music', because I am not really a musician in any way, and I only ever 'create' on the piano app on my iPhone. The piano has always been my favourite instrument. My music teacher used to tell me off for prodding the keys and not using both hands, so evidently I'm not the smoothest pianist. But I just love the sound. Some of my favourite songs/film scores were created from nothing more than a set of around 88 keys, and on those 88 keys can be made so many beautiful things, from someone simply finding an arrangement that no one else has found before. Playing a piano almost feels like a new discovery.


Unfortunately, because I was unaware of the two hour wait, I am unprepared and headphoneless, so any new discovery will have to wait until I get home. But for now, at least I have a notebook and a nice view.

No comments:

Post a Comment