Friday 7 December 2012

A Film Score, A Sonata And A Love Of The Piano

A brief post, because although midnight isn't late, it is when you have to get up at seven for work on a Saturday.

I'm just sitting here, listening to pieces of classical music and film scores and just thinking about how beautiful music/emotion can be. These pieces are all on my iPod anyway, but if in the future I think back and wonder what particular pieces I listened too, I'll have it here.

The Ice Dance - Danny Elfman, Edward Scissorhands
One Last Wish - James Horner, Casper
Cast Away - Alan Silvestri, Cast Away
The Crisis - Ennio Morricone, The Legend of 1900, Seven Pounds
Tennessee - Hans Zimmer, Pearl Harbour
Any Other Name - Thomas Newman, American Beauty
Nuvole Bianche - Ludovico Einaudi
Time - Hans Zimmer, Inception
Moonlight Sonata - Beethoven
Sentimental - Mike Simpson, Stick it
Beautiful New World, Home Sweet Home - Danny Elfman, Edward Scissorhands
Clair De Lune - Claude Debussy
Deliver Hope - Halo Reach Soundtrack 

It's a sentimental post tonight, but I'm a sentimental person. And I love movies.
(Also for the record of the night's events, I watched Romeo + Juliet again earlier on. And it got me so bad tonight. I mean, I always cry at the ending, but I was practically sobbing for five minutes and then repeating the best lines of verse) 

'Did my heart love till now? forswear it, sight! 
For I ne'er saw true beauty till this night'

No comments:

Post a Comment